In the fourth installment of our Budget-Friendly Meals series, we’re bringing you a classic favorite with a budget-friendly twist: Veggie Fried Rice. This quick and easy dish is a fantastic way to utilize leftover rice and turn it into a delicious and affordable meal. Packed with colorful vegetables and savory flavors, this veggie fried rice will satisfy your cravings without breaking the bank. Let’s dive into this simple and wallet-friendly recipe that will have you coming back for seconds!
- Warm up the cooking oil in a skillet or wok. Add diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Create a space on one side of the skillet by pushing the sautéed onion and garlic to the other side. Scramble the eggs until cooked.
- Add mixed vegetables to the skillet and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are tender.
- Add cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine and cook for a few more minutes to heat through.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the veggie fried rice as a quick, satisfying, and economical meal option.
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
We hope you enjoyed this budget-friendly recipe for Veggie Fried Rice. It’s a versatile and cost-effective dish that allows you to make the most of your leftovers while still enjoying a satisfying meal. Stay tuned for more wallet-friendly recipes in our Budget-Friendly Meals series, where we’ll continue to share tasty and economical dishes that are perfect for any budget-conscious cook.