Nutrition Tips for Weight Loss
2 September 2020
People seek weight loss for plenty of reasons, whether it be for esthetics, health or to fit into a favorite outfit for an upcoming event. Whatever the reason, the majority of us will at some point in our lives seek to trim a few pounds off our physique. Not only does weight loss benefit our looks, but it also serves as a key to better health, since extra weight has proved to be linked to a number of heart, digestive and joint problems.
We all have heard that strict diets drain the resources of our bodies and hamper our self-confidence, but is there any other way to achieve the desired body mass? Changing our lifestyle would be a sustainable and healthy solution. Rethinking our eating habits and including regular workouts in our daily routine is much more efficient than you might think. A right combination of healthy nutrition and moderate physical exercise can turn your long-cherished dream about weight loss into an achievable goal. 1. Nutrition
Determine your body type
To remain motivated and feel good about your progress, you need to set realistic goals. Do not aim to lose weight too quickly. Keep in mind that a healthy weight loss is about 0.5-1 lbs/week for people with a BMI (body mass index) of 27-35, and 1-2 lbs/week for those with a BMI greater than 35
Anything faster than that results in muscle loss and badly affects your health. Instead of imposing too many restrictions on yourself, try to go for a balanced and varied diet.
In a race for trimming down your figure, it is important to accept and love yourself the way you are. Do not forget that your body type is partially determined by genetics and can only be changed slightly. Here is a brief guide to the main body types:
• the athletic and strong mesomorph who builds muscle with ease;
• the slender and petite ectomorph who has a very fast metabolism and slowly gains muscle mass;
• the stout endomorph who has a stocky frame and a slow metabolism, which makes it easier to gain fat and more difficult to shed it. To support an optimal body mass, endomorphs need to focus on lean proteins and fiber rich foods.
It is important to remember that all body types are beautiful in their own way. Your diet should never aim at making you feel insecure and uncomfortable with your weight. Instead, it should help you feel healthier, boost your self-confidence and achieve a sense of inner harmony with your reflection in the mirror.
Limit sugar intake
We all know that avoiding fast food is an essential component of a healthy diet. Yet eliminating it completely can lead to cravings and moodiness. It would not harm to treat yourself every once in a while. You can also opt for healthier versions without sacrificing the taste by cooking your favorite chips or home-made burgers in your own kitchen. Try swapping table sugar for honey or mushed, ripe banana, choosing whole wheat flour instead of enriched white flour, adding fruit or veggies such as shredded carrots to muffins, and opting for dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
Eat enough fruits and vegetables
Have a diverse and colorful array of fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients. The best idea is to consume 5-7 servings a day, since it would prolong the feeling of satiety and help you avoid the urge to munch on sugary snacks.
Add more fiber
Choose whole grains such as whole wheat, barley and oats, over simple carbohydrates from white breads. Whole grains serve as a great source of fiber, healthy fats and B vitamins. Fiber is particularly important for weight loss. It improves metabolism, suppresses appetite and helps avoid overeating. High-fiber foods include nuts, beans, lentils, grains and citrus fruits, so it would make sense to pay a special attention to them on your next trip to the greengrocers.
Choose healthy fats
Not all fats are enemies of weight loss. In fact, a lot of plant-based fats along with Omega-3s can even help you control your weight. They also offer a number of other health benefits, such as supporting the cardiovascular system, regulating blood pressure and cholesterol levels and fighting inflammation. To enrich your diet with healthy fats, replace red meat, butter, whole-fat dairy products and processed foods with nuts, seeds, avocados and olive oil, as well as poultry and fish.
Some Extra Tips
• Eat only when you are hungry and try to avoid eating in front of the TV, since it promotes mindless eating.2. Physical Activity
• Try drinking a glass of water half an hour before a meal: it would help you feel full quicker and avoid overeating.
• Opt for smaller plates and bowls to control the size of the portions.
• Avoid the rush: eat your food slowly and chew carefully, since it facilitates an earlier satiety.
Going in for sports is a great way to increase flexibility, build muscle mass and support the cardiovascular system. Physical activity also boosts your self-confidence, improves your mood and helps you tackle stress and get in shape. The combination of moderate physical exercise and a well-balanced diet would help you achieve a maximum result. However, it is important to start with slow and easy warm-ups and gradually advance towards more intensive workouts, so that your body has enough time to adjust. Be careful not to wear yourself out, since excessive physical strain can lead to joint problems, muscle soreness and injuries. It would be a good idea to consult a fitness coach before making workouts a part of your daily routine. The advice of an expert would help you draw up your own personalized exercise plan based on your body type, calorie intake, health condition and weight loss goals.
There are countless types of physical activity to choose from to spice up your weight loss journey:
• The benefits of cardio workouts consist in strengthening all the major muscles and efficiently aiding weight loss while preserving the muscle mass, increasing stamina and flexibility and promoting cardiovascular health. Cardio includes jogging, active walking, swimming, cycling and aerobics. These forms of exercise also help suppress appetite and prevent overeating.3. What supplements would aid weight loss and complement a balanced diet?
• Strength training offers its own range of advantages. Lifting weights helps build up lean muscle mass, boosts physical strength and endurance, speeds up metabolism and serves as an efficient fat burner. Breaking a sweat in the gym by using weight machines, dumbbells or resistance bands would soon bring visible results. You can also use your own body weight for resistance by doing push-ups, pull-ups and leg squats. Strength workouts would be a perfect healthy way to recharge your batteries after a busy working day.
• Dancing is beneficial both to the soul and the body. It is a great recreational activity that offers plenty of room for self-expression. Dancing improves muscle tone, agility and coordination, boosts self-esteem, supports cardiovascular health and promotes weight loss. It is an enjoyable way to cope with stress, get fit and keep in top physical shape.
• Protein supplements
help you lose weight naturally by suppressing appetite, accelerating metabolism and facilitating calorie burn. An increased protein intake reduces food cravings and fights off the desire for late-night snacking, which is essential for a healthy diet. Taking protein supplements helps you feel full quicker, which makes it easier to cut the daily calorie intake without sacrificing the comfort. When combined with exercise, a protein-rich diet helps build lean muscle and promotes post-workout recovery.
Maxler has developed a range of premium quality protein supplements that would suit any taste and become an asset for any active person.Vegan Protein
is a flawless plant-based protein blend, Ultra Whey Lactose Free
would become a perfect finding for lactose intolerant people, Golden Casein
fuels muscle recovery during sleep, while 100% Golden Whey
offers an easily digestible protein formula to support your athletic performance throughout intensive workouts.
• BCAA Lean
is a unique formula that contains the essential BCAA amino acids in the perfect 2:1:1 ratio and serves as a rich source of fibers that are beneficial to the gut flora and boost metabolism. The supplement reduces appetite and prolongs the feeling of satiety, which helps avoid overeating. The right combination of the BCAA amino acids and fibers facilitates weight loss while preserving the lean muscle mass. BCAA Lean would become your reliable supporter during intensive workout periods, since the amino acids efficiently relieve muscle soreness, reduce fatigue and provide your body with the energy needed for productive training. You can take BCAA Lean before, during and after workouts. A regular intake of the supplement would help you boost the efficiency of your diet and physical exercise and see more visible results without stressing your body out. •
Maxler has brought out a special line of Energetics and Fat Burners
designed to help push your diet and exercise to a new level. Their combined effect maximizes your workout potential, speeds up metabolism, wards off fatigue and helps regulate appetite. They enhance calorie burn and serve as a reliable fuel to help your body make the most of intensive physical exercise. If you don’t know where to start, make sure to check out Guarana 2000
and Caffeine 200
. Their unique formulas have all it takes to make your weight loss journey a much easier and more rewarding process. • L-Carnitine
is an amino acid, a vitamin-like substance used by the body to produce energy from free fatty acids. It has proved its efficiency in aiding fat loss due to improving metabolism and digestion, promoting muscle strength and accelerating calorie burn. Maxler has developed a series of high-quality L-Carnitine supplements that come in all shapes and sizes: bottles
, so that everyone is sure to find their favorite form. The innovative formula contributes to higher energy levels, speeds up weight loss and helps you quickly up the productivity of your workouts.
It is important to keep in mind that calories are not the only thing that counts in weight loss. The traditional motto of eating less requires a lot of willpower and often forces people to give up halfway before reaching the desired body mass. Meanwhile, a comfortable combination of a varied and balanced diet and moderate physical exercise can keep you on the right track for a long time and help you lose those unwanted extra pounds more efficiently without harming your health.